Here you can find all the information you might need about this year’s conference. What will the program look like? What kind of activities will take place? And even information about how you can get to Aalborg, Denmark.
The program is temporary. We reserve the right to make alterations in the program such as modifications in times and places.
Click the image to view >
The Food and Fun Market tradition is an opportunity for each country to showcase local food/games/activities from their home country.
Each country will be given a stand and all delegates will be able to walk around and visit each stand.
The Cultural Evening tradition is an opportunity for each country to represent and showcase their country in front of all the conference participants. Each country should prepare a 5 minute long cultural presentation (e.g. a song, a dance, a play etc.)
Who Can Participate?
Eligibility of participants to the CEI 2016 conference
1. Participants must be between 13 and 19 years old.
2. All delegations of secondary students shall be accompanied by an adult (over 21; teacher or counsellor)
3. Delegates should have a level of English that will allow them to fully participate in the conference.
4. The conference certificate will only be awarded to those who actively participate in all the activities of the conference programme.
5. You must register online
6. Registration fee includes food and accommodation on the days of the conference and all the activities of the programme.
7. All delegates must be covered by insurance during the conference. Each delegate is responsible for their own insurance.
8. Before the conference, the delegations must participate in a project on the theme of the conference and prepare an oral presentation to present at the conference; the different subthemes can be found on the webpage, as well as other links to inspire you for your projects.
Should I Apply for Visa?
Do I need a visa?
For some delegates visa is required. If you are a citizen of one of the countries on this list, you must have a visa to enter Denmark.
Who needs Visa? (External official link)
How do I apply for my visa?
How to Apply (External official link)
Please contact us if you need assistance with visa application.
Elisabeth Brun: email@example.com
You have several transportation options when travelling to the Conference site.
Travel by Airplane
The nearest Airport is Aalborg Airport. It is situated only 7 km from the Conference site, and there are several flight connections directly to Aalborg Airport from e.g. Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Frankfurt. We recommend www.norwegian.com for an inexpensive flight connection between Copenhagen and Aalborg.
We will arrange a shuttle bus to pick you up at Aalborg Airport on your arrival. The shuttle bus will also transport you back to Aalborg Airport for your departure. To use the shuttle bus services we will need your travel information (flight number, arrival, departure etc.). This information should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and not later than 1st of June 2016. The shuttle busses will be free of charge.
Travel by Train or Bus
It is possible to travel by train or bus from Copenhagen airport (approximately 5,5 hours). If you want to find more information about travelling by train or bus click here: http://www.rejseplanen.dk (the website is also in English). We also recommend www.abildskou.dk for an inexpensive bus connection between Copenhagen and Aalborg.
From: Copenhagen Airport
To: Aalborg Kaserner, Gl. Høvej
We will arrange a shuttle bus to pick you up at Aalborg Train and Bus Station on your arrival. The shuttle bus will also transport you back to Aalborg Train and Bus Station at your departure. To use the shuttle bus services we will need your travel information (flight number, arrival time, departure time etc.). This information should be send to email@example.com as soon as possible and not later than 1st of June 2016. The shuttle busses will be free of charge.
The conference and accommodation are situated at Aalborg Military Base, in Northern Jutland. Aalborg Military Base has achieved an environmental certification according to the international standard ISO 14001. The environmental management system includes all activities connected to the base.
Each of the 12-bed dorms are equipped with a private bathroom.
- Students are accommodated in the 12-bed dorms.
- Teachers can choose between dorm room, single room or double room after request.
Gammel Høvej 34, 9400 Nørresundby, Denmark
Map Overview: www.google.dk/maps…
Each delegate should purchase his/her own travel insurance – we will not accept liability for any accidents, illness’, delays etc., which could occur related to the delegate’s participation at CEI2016.
We also recommend you to purchase your own cancelation insurance, since we will not refund conference fee payment after 1st of May 2016.